The Oxtex product range comprises implantable self-inflating tissue expanders available in a range of sizes and shapes to suit the specific needs of the clinician and the patient.
The Oxtex technology offers many advantages over existing balloon and hydrogel technologies.
- Oxtex removes the need for injection ports due to the self-inflating action of the technology;
- Oxtex offers a delayed expansion profile whereby swelling commences after a predetermined time period (normally 2-3 days) following implantation to facilitate wound healing prior to expansion;
- Oxtex devices expand in a precisely controlled rate (ranging from two to six weeks), which minimises the likelihood of soft tissue necrosis and subsequent device extrusion;
- Oxtex offers a choice of isotropic and anisotropic expansion profiles, which is hugely valuable for delicate anatomical locations and targeted directional expansion;
- Oxtex is developing specific devices that allow bespoke intra-operative shaping by the surgeon to ensure an optimal fit for each patient.